Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2023 08:41:07 +0100
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Moving a FreeBSD/X11 keyboard confif to Macbook Pro

Hello,

This might be in half part off topic, but if I ask this in a Macbook
mailing list (don't even know if such lists exist), it would also be
half off topic there :-)

I'm running FreeBSD for nearly 30 years now and with a X11 keyboard
configuration which allows me to type German/English/Spanish at the same
time, usind for the later the useless Windows-key as a modifier key. The
config is done by some simple script like this:

/usr/local/bin/setxkbmap -model pc105 \
          -layout de,us   \
	  -option "altwin:swap_alt_win"   \
	  -option "lv3:ralt_switch"

# we use the Win-key to add more (esp. Spanish) letters to the keys:
#
# Spanish tilded chars (use Mode_switch + char)
#
xmodmap -e "keycode 133 =  Mode_switch"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x39 =  n N ntilde Ntilde"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x1a =  e E eacute Eacute"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x26 =  a A aacute Aacute"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x1f =  i I iacute Iacute"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x1e =  u U uacute Uacute"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x20 =  o O oacute Oacute"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x14 =  questiondown question backslash ssharp"
xmodmap -e "keycode 0x0a =  1 exclam exclamdown onesuperior"
#

My question is, is there some similar configuration on a Macbook Pro?

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045