Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2023 00:04:43 -0800
From:      Joe B <jcb2023az@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trying to get spotify working

Hello,

So I followed this post

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/watching-spotify-and-listening-to-netflix-in-2023.90695/#post-626065

It was asking me a lot of prompts and i was like im just going to see
if it works

After it failed to compile i was like let me remove it. so i did a make
deinstall clean. After about 30 mins i went back to the tty where it
was and it was skipping packages that weren't there and eventually i
just stopped it. went to startx and i was missing lots of modules. I
reinstaled and everything is workinga again exepct no spotify

Question is when is it safe to use make deinstall ?

I was wondering since the forum post had me in 1 directory that wasn't
offical is that the reason why it removed stuff at the root level?

Thanks for the response