Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:35:30 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        will@physics.purdue.edu, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Turning on debugging in GENERIC

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:23:08 GMT, Terry Lambert wrote:

> The real point of this thread should be that a 386 taking forever
> to start up because it's not fast at generating pseudo-randomness
> is not an acceptable state of affairs.

Terry, please think about what you're trying to achieve by posting to
his list.

You're now arguing a point of view that relates to a completely
different thread, and one which I've already suggested has dubious value
in the here and now.  Nobody else has come up with any issues that
indicate that my suggestion was flawed.

This thread (the one you're responding on) is about the value of making
various debugging support options default in CURRENT, during the
development cycle leading up to 5.0-RELEASE.

Ciao,
Sheldon.