Date:      Sat, 01 Apr 1995 05:09:10 +0100
From:      Gary Palmer <gary@palmer.demon.co.uk>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   checksum files

Those of you who are masocists and also read the CVS commits list(s) will
have seen a large commit I made earlier to try and fix up most of the
remaining checksum-less ports. I've mainly left the print directory alone
'cos of the problems Jean-Marc has had with the CTAN maintainers
re-timestamping files in the tarballs making the checksums fail when in
fact nothing has changed.

I'd appreciate anyone submitting ports now to include a checksum file
(to to ensure that the person that gets the pleasure of importing your
port gets the same tarball to test it on, as well as saving him some
work :-)).

Now that 90% or so of ports have checksum files I'll look at re-working
bsd.port.mk to better integrate the checksum: stage into the fetch: stage.

Gary