Date:      Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:12:33 -0500
From:      Brent J Miller <brent@ebrent.org>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   CDROM and Linux compatibilty

I'm trying to get VMWare setup on a machine running FBSD 4.7.  I got the
port installed and can run VMWare and the config wizard etc... however
it does not see my cdrom.  I verified it is mounted, but there is
nothing in /compat/linux/dev that points to /dev/acd0c or the mountpoint
/cdrom, consequently I don't know where to tell VMWare the CDROM is.
I've searched through the list archives but cannot find any answers.
Can someone please help?  Also, I asked this question on the "questions"
list a couple days ago and have gotten no reply, so if there is some
other list I need to send this to, suggestions are more than welcome.
Thanks very much.

Sincerely,
Brent J Miller  brent@ebrent.org