Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2022 09:03:13 -0500
From:      Valeri Galtsev <galtsev@kicp.uchicago.edu>
To:        Weldon Godfrey <weldon@excelsus.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT Re: SATA SSD keeps disconnecting

On 2/27/22 8:27 AM, Weldon Godfrey wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone

>>> This what is the usual meaning any brand gives to "lifetime warranty".
>>> Been there with 3com (back at the time), HP (before it changed name) and so on.
>>
>> Not so with Sears. You can find broken pliers by Sears, bring to them, and they will give you replacement. No receipt, or anything else necessary. At least that is what I've heard.
>>
> and that proves the point.  Sears is almost dead, they sold Craftsman brand to Lowes a while back and most of the tools that was made under the Craftsman brand is no longer made, good luck getting a replacement pair of pliers.

Then, the problem is not them, not in Sears and others like them, but
rather in us, who changed our attitude, and are happier to buy a piece
of junk made you know where that lasts a couple of years... instead of
paying fair (and certainly higher) price for well made product that
lasts your life, and those of your kids and grandkids. As my friend like
to say: look for a fool in the mirror.

Valeri