Date:      Sun, 31 May 2009 11:17:28 -0700
From:      Kelly Jones <kelly.terry.jones@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Waiting for a process to die

How do I wait for a specific process to die? I want to do something like:

waitpid 1234&&(echo "done!" | Mail -s "PROC DONE" kelly.terry.jones@gmail.com)

I'm sure this is trivial, but I can't find a way to do it.

I wrote a Perl script that checks every second if /proc/pid exists,
but that only works if /proc is mounted + I'm now on VMs which can't
easily mount /proc