Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:07:44 +0530
From:      CHANDANA S <CHANDANA@nestec.net>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Configuring a Linux machine  as a dynamic router

Hello,
     I am trying to configure my Linux machine as a dymanic router.
In my network i am having 2 router each having one client each.I have
enabled ip_forwarding in the router machines.
I have downloaded the routed daemon and enabled it.
On running routed using "service routed start" both the machines are sending
the client ip details.This i was able to locate using a sniffer(ethereal
network analyser).In one of the router machines the routing table is getting
updated with the details of the client machine of the other router.But in
the other router the routing table is not getting updated.
Please can you tell me what could be the reason.The RIP message that is send
is RIPV1.
I have one more question.How do i get to enable RIPv2.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Chandana