Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 2010 18:01:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      zaxis <z_axis@163.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg_add

>uname -a
FreeBSD mybsd.zsoft.com 8.0-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p2 #9: Sat Mar 2=
7
15:06:39 CST 2010     root@mybsd.zsoft.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL=20
i386

>echo $PKG_PATH
PKG_PATH: Undefined variable.

>cat .cshrc |grep -i package
setenv PACKAGESITE
ftp://ftp.cn.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8.0-release/All/

So you should use PACKAGESITE instead of PKG_PATH you mentioned .

Fbsd1 wrote:
>=20
> I checked the pkg_add manpage for where does pkg_add look for the named=
=20
> pkg distribution file? It says the env PKG_PATH holds it but env command=
=20
> does not show that variable. Is it /usr/packages or /usr/ports/packages?
>=20
> How can I see the value of PKG_PATH?
> What is the path of where the pkg distribution file are suppose to reside=
.
>=20
>=20

-----
e^(=CF=80=E2=8B=85i) + 1 =3D 0
--=20
8141.html
Sent from the freebsd-questions mailing list archive at Nabble.com.