Date:      Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:30:07 +0800
From:      "Mars G. Miro" <marsgmiro@gmail.com>
To:        dougb@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-rc@freebsd.org
Subject:   6.1-prerelease, /etc/rc.d/localpkg, rc.subr and samba3

Hi there,

  Today I upgraded a 6.0Rp4 box to RELENG_6 w/c brings it to
6.1-PRERELEASE. This box has a jail w/c has samba (samba-3.0.21a,1)
installed and after the usual build{world,kernel},
install{kernel,world}, mergemaster process, I found out that samba
would not start during boot. I traced it to /etc/rc.d/localpkg.
Reverting this to the 6.0Rp4 version works. I'm no rc guru but seems
that 'find_local_scripts_{old|new}' in /etc/rc.subr doesnt actually
find the local_startup rc scripts?

  Thanks and FYI ;-)

cheers
mars