Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 2006 07:14:40 +0800
From:      "Mars G. Miro" <marsgmiro@gmail.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-rc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6.1-prerelease, /etc/rc.d/localpkg, rc.subr and samba3

On 2/15/06, Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Mars G. Miro wrote:
>
> > Running the new localpkg rc:
> >
> > root@jail:~# /etc/rc.d/localpkg start
> > /etc/rc.d/localpkg: DEBUG: run_rc_command: evaluating pkg_start().
> > Local package initialization:.
> >
> > Nothing happens:
>
> Nor should it. :) Run /usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba.sh start instead.

The reason why I'm invoking the localpkg rc is that this is where it
fails to run scripts in local_startup when the jail starts. If I start
it from /usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba.sh, it runs of course, but I'd
prefer to have things running during boot (when the jail starts) as
opposed to running them manually.

Does not happen w/ the previous version of the localpkg rc.

> Doug
>
> --
>
>     This .signature sanitized for your protection

cheers
mars