Date:      Mon, 17 Aug 2020 08:24:04 +0200
From:      Lars Liedtke <liedtke@punkt.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: need a systemd

--hPxnpuqlAwJqoZyb0rrlbNc4LKwqRVQgl

--yqxFe3KO7JMHP463tvPJ1wbohyeVwBFy7

Hello,

What about supervisord?

We are using it ourselves and advice our hosting custormers to use it.
So far it has worked out nicely.

It does not have as much features as systemd, but for managing services
it can be sufficient.

Cheers

Lars

Am 16.08.20 um 18:06 schrieb Janos Dohanics:
> On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 09:47:39 +0700
> Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru> wrote:
>
>> Dear Colleagues,
>>
>> I'm looking for a superdaemon to start, monitor and restart (e.g. in
>> case of crash) other daemons like squid, syncthing and others.=20
>>
>> At first I wanted to place them into /etc/ttys but then I realized
>> that I need something more flexible like Linux' systemd or Solaris'
>> SMF.
>>
>> What would you recommend for FreeBSD not as a total rc(8) replacement
>> but as a tool to manage some daemons?
> Have you looked at sysutils/monit?
>
> Probably no rc(8) replacement but has many flexible options especially
> if you need to monitor misbehaving daemons.
>
> I use it to watch/restart amavisd which on one of my servers fails
> sometimes to start after log rotation.

--=20
---
punkt.de GmbH
Lars Liedtke
=2Einfrastructure

Kaiserallee 13a=09
76133 Karlsruhe

Tel. +49 721 9109 500
https://infrastructure.punkt.de
info@punkt.de

AG Mannheim 108285
Gesch=C3=A4ftsf=C3=BChrer: J=C3=BCrgen Egeling, Daniel Lienert, Fabian St=
ein