Date:      Thu, 16 Jun 2016 22:35:28 +1000
From:      Da Rock <freebsd-hackers@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   enabling cpu "features" in custom kernel

I'm just trying to get my head around kernel building and clang.

If I want to enable certain features available on my cpu which are
available by clang, how do I enable them? As I understand it using
ccflags is a no no (ie /etc/make.conf), so how do I go about enabling
them? I seem to be missing something in my research here...

One thing I did consider was that there might be some "include" or
"option" somewhere that I missed, but I still can't find it. There must
be something in the mk files or such, and I'm guessing that its due to
the ability to build the freebsd with various workarounds for different
systems - but how would I get around that so I can try testing something
out?

Cheers