Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2006 02:14:05 +0800
From:      Astrodog <astrodog@gmail.com>
To:        "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: amd64 webpage, 12GB memory? 64-bit or not? SMP or not?

Processor feature flags are well documented. No need to duplicate work ther=
e.

As far as your system goes... it support Hyperthreading (Feature flag
HTT), so there's no good answer to your question. HTT doesn't seem to
have muc h effect one way or another on FreeBSD... though your system
does support it.

As far as taking ADVANTAGE of "options SMP", in your case, we can't
tell, its app by app. If you don't know if your system has 2 physical
cores or not, though, frankly, you have no business administrating it.
Well, that, and dmesg, and the bios will tell you.

I'm not sure I see the exact problem here.

--- Harrison Grundy