Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 1997 08:53:14 -0700
From:      Joey Garcia <jbgarcia@inreach.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pkg_add questions

	hey freebsd gurus!

	I have a question about the pkg_add tool.  I have added some packages from
cdrom that I had copied to dos partition because my cdrom isn't supported.
Anyways, the problem is that the packages are installed into /usr/local/bin
or /usr/local/whatever.  I believe that something such as shells should
extract to /bin and other binaries should go to /usr/bin.  Well, at least
that's the way I'd like to extract.

	How can I change it so that when the packages are installed by using
pkg_add the packages install into either /usr/bin or /bin, or whatevever
approprite directory it should be?  It's not only the binary, but other
files get installed into /usr/local/share or whatever.  I'd like it to go
to /usr/share.  Bascially, I'd like to keep most things in one place.  If
you know wha I mean.  How can I go by doing that? Is there something I can
change in some file that makes it do that?

						BEAR