Date:      Tue, 05 Aug 1997 16:27:09 +0200
From:      Simon Lindgren <lindgren@istudio.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3C900 installation voes

Installing 2.2.2 release over ftp with a 3C900-COMBO Etherlink XL PCI
network interface gives me a headache. On the device list, the vx0
device is listed under PCI-devices, mentioning the 3C590/3C595 cards,
but not mine. FreeBSD detects my card properly on startup though:

vx0 <3COM 3C900 Etherlink XL PCI> rev 0 int a irq 5 on pci0:16
utp/avi/bnc[*utp*] address:blahblahblah

which looks good, yes?

On connecting with FTP to a suitable source for FreeBSD, trying with a
name gives me a DNS lookup failure - trying with an IP address gives me
an "unknown error".

I know the card sucks, but it's only temporary.

Thanks

Simon Lindgren
biz: lindgren@istudio.no
priv: simon@lindgren.no