Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 1998 11:16:10 +1000
From:      Kev Shepherd <K.Shepherd@bom.gov.au>
To:        "Justin M. Seger" <jseger@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ImageMagick and libtiff

At 07:52 21/07/1998 -0700, you wrote:
>ImageMagick is unfortunately very particular about version numbers.  If you
>don't feel comfortable building ports, I'd suggest downloading the following
>packages:
>graphics/ImageMagick
>graphics/jpeg
>graphics/mpeg-lib
>graphics/tiff34
>graphics/png
>graphics/jbigkit
>print/freetype
>print/transfig
>graphics/netpbm
>print/ghostscript5
>

>Uninstall all of the versions of these packages, then install these new
>ones.

Thanks very much Justin.  Simple when you know how I guess.  png was not
available as a package, so I gritted my teeth and grabbed the port and
built it - it worked.  Sorry but this stuff makes me very nervous!

And convert now handles tiffs!

But a new problem has appeared ... xv no longer works, it's looking for a
previous version of png.  I've grabbed the latest package, but that is
looking for png-1.0.1, and the one I've grabbed seems to be 1.0.2.  The one
on our CD was 0.9.

Regards, Kev.