Date:      Thu, 02 Sep 1999 15:12:16 -0400
From:      Michael Rothenberg <rothenberg@automationonline.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HW requirements

Hi All!

I have asked my company cohorts to bring in all their unused computer
equip. I plan on making a BSD only box out of all the junk I collect. I
already have collected a P 166 and a few misguided motherboards. Is there
anything in particular that I should not plan on using in terms of old
periferals? ie 1x CD ROMs, hard drives under 250MB, ISA bus cards (though I
might just spring for a new motherboard for the 166 to avoid this), old
3.5" floppy drives....??

My plan is to hook the BSD box to my new cable modem and have it provide
access to the net for my home network. For that use only, what kind of
memory should I expect ot put into the BSD box?

Have a nice day!

-Michael