Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 1997 13:04:19 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@dimaga.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0-970124-SNAP

At 09:51 AM 1/27/97 -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>> FTP install from ftp.freebsd.org.  XFree3.2 didn't work, while all other
>> packages did.
>
>"package?"  You did try to install XFree86 as a distribution, not a
>package (e.g. like "bash") right?

I tried to install it as a package, as it was in the package menu.
Originally I chose a non-X distribution, planning to take X from an FTP
server on the local LAN.  However, never having seen there being an XFree
package before, I couldn't resist trying it, however slow.

>There's never been a working package version. :-)

Has there ever been a package version before?  I can't remember seeing one.
 Anyway, it doesn't work now either :)

Eivind Eklund / perhaps@yes.no / http://maybe.yes.no/perhaps/