Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 16:02:04 -0500
From:      "Adam L. Simpson" <adam@netsonic.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Troubles.

Hello:

I am fairly new to the unix/fbsd world and have been trying for three days
now to get FBSD installed.  I have the install disks from walnut creek..

To this point I have tried everything in the books and al have failed..

I first tried via the cdrom... this failed because of the cdrom being ide i
am assuming.. Do I need to go scsi with the cdrom drive?

I then tried xcopy to a dos partition on the d drive and tried to install
it to the c drive wd0 which also failed.

I have tried the setup program that transfers the files to the drive and
tried to install that way.... that too failed.

I guess the questions I have are:

1.  Do you have any tips for me to enable this to suceed?
2.  Is it simply replacing the ide cdrom with a scsi?
3.  Have you had as much grief installing fbsd on your machines?  Will we
alsways have this sort of hassle?

my current hardware config is this:

Pentium Pro 200Mhz, 2 4Gb ide harddrives, 128Mb RAM, Toshiba 12x ide cdrom

Thanks for your help!

Humbly Stumped.

Adam L. Simpson