Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 1997 23:32:48 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <sysop@mixcom.com>
To:        Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Can't put 512MB ram in box ... Extended memory question.

At 08:01 PM 4/24/97 -0400, Robert Withrow wrote:
>Can someone tell my why WIN95 can figure out I have 128M in this machine
>(with no special help from me) and FreeBSD can't?  I don't like the idea
>of WIN95 being smarter than FreeBSD.... ;-)

Smarter?  Not!  I've seen 2 95 machines that would not recognize more than
64Mb and yes BIOS did see it, nor did it violate any rules for the number
of "sides" for memory.

Good 'ole errartic MS.

Jeff Mountin - System/Network Administrator
jeff@mixcom.net

MIX Communications
Serving the Internet since 1990