Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 13:54:10 -0700
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@apc.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2 simple questions

Hi:

I know these questions are kinda stupid but...

1)	How do I create a FreeBSD boot disk?  I need to change the root password
on a 	Linux system, and all I need is a working UNIX system that is capable
of 	mounting ext2fs.

2)	How can I chmod/chown a directory so that everyone in a specific group
can 	write to it, but not delete a file that they don't own.  Here's an
example: 	(not realistic, but it's understandable)

	file1.tgz		user1.group		664
	file2.tgz		user2.group		664

	What do I chmod/chown the directory so that everyone in 'group' can write
to 	it, and create new files, but only delete files that they own as a
user?  	(i.e.  user1 can only delete file1.tgz, and create a new,
file123.tgz, but 	user2 won't be able to touch those files, just file2.tgz
which he owns)

	If you don't understand something, please ask.

Thanks!
Dima

---
Dima Dorfman (dima@apc.net)

"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
Micro$oft $ucks!  FreeBSD Rules!  http://www.freebsd.org/