Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:37:31 +0100
From:      Stefano Riva <sriva@alice.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HP netserver E50 won't boot

At 10.05 30/12/98 +0300, you wrote:
>We know we can install a small DOS partition and boot off that, or even
>start with a floppy disk everytime, but this is not what is ideal, since we
>can't always be around to do that in case of power failure or something.

  First install the HP utility partition using the navigator CD that comes
with the netserver, then install FreeBSD without modifying the boot sector.
When booting, the system will show a 10 secs timer for the HP utilities,
then it'll boot BSD unattended.
  There are other ways to solve your problem, but IMHO this is the best
solution, because the HP partition is small and it could be useful
tomorrow, for example in case of hardware failures.

---

  Stefano Riva
  Software Engineer - Systems Administrator
  Informazioni Editoriali I.E. Srl
  Phone +39-027528400, Fax +39-027528451
  Email sriva@alice.it