Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 20:25:51 +0200
From:      Philippe Guezou <Philippe.Guezou@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   ITK ix1 micro (again *sigh*)

	Hi everyone..
	i've just finished to read the thread about the ITK support :)
	really impressive work :))

	But, there is still a pbm..
	i've tried to fix it in the past two week, but my knowledge seems
	to weak for this.. :(

	Here is the problem...
	The ITK ix1 micro was declined in various models.. The ISDN4BSD support
	only the release 2 of the card.. ie, a jumpered card.. the release 3 is
	a fully PnP cards.. I have a ITK ix1 micro v3.0, which isn't reconnized
	by the actual ITK drive of i4b 0.80 beta (070599).

	some technical details:
		HSCX TE, 21525 V2.1
		ISAC  2186 V1.1	IOM-2 bus
		jumperless card, ISA card, PnP.
		No technical docs, only an Install Doc.
		(i've download the HSCX and ISAC technical doc for Seimens)

	Well, i beleive it should not be really complex to let it reconnized and
	used by isdn4bsd, but, i'm unable to figure how to probe it.. i've tried
	some modification on the source code in isapnp_isic.c and some *.c
	*.h to declare it, but, humm :( i can't manage to see i4b in the pnp part.

	hum.. well, the stuff i need, is maybe some working papers on how to do
	this. ie, how to add a card on the i4b tree.. things that you may know
	without spending one week in reading codes ;) I couldn't find docs for
	that..

	i feel a bit crappy in asking this if there is something online :(
	thanks.

	Philippe.

Guezou Philippe                         http://www.tolkien.cam.org/~fifi
Network. System. Admin.         email:  fifi@tolkien.cam.org