Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2001 10:53:19 +1000
From:      Rob Secombe <robseco@teksupport.net.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Further to Virus checking mail server

Hi all,

I read with interest the recent thread on real time virus checking
mailservers. Although I don't believe it to be a panacea, checking on the
fly would certainly help to combat the problem. It appears that most of the
solutions offered, such as Amavis, provide an interface to commercial virus
checking software, which seems like a pretty logical thing to do. However,
a cursory look around the contenders reveals that most of the licensing of
these products for email servers seem to be based on the number of
mailboxes to protect. In our case the cost would be prohibitive. Is anyone
aware of a FreeBSD compatible product that is either 'server based' or has
special licensing for ISPs?

Cheers

Rob Secombe

Teksupport Pty Ltd