Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2001 07:26:00 -0600
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        <daniel.chayvialle@laposte.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PPPoE

Daniel: I don't think NETGRAPH is taken care of at all on the fly in 4.2...
it started with 4.3 or 4.4. Anyway, it's best to put those 4 lines in the
kernel rather than letting it do it on the fly...

nat should be enabled in ppp, but put natd lines in your rc.conf too (as
per /etc/defaults/rc.conf)....

At 11:07 AM 11.30.2001 +0100, jerome delabre wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to install PPPoE on FreeBSD4.2-Release 486 box as my cable ISP
>switches to this protocol (please don't ask me why). The thing is when I run
>ppp command, it defaults to cuaa0 as a link, instead of ed0 as configured in
>ppp.conf.
>I read various things about needing or not the NETGRAPH in my kernel. Some
>say that it is not needed since everything will be loaded automatically when
>starting ppp, some other don't say this. Also shall I use natd in rc.conf or
>ppp's nat? Shall I put it rather in ppp.conf?
>
>Please jelp. I've already sent a message about this setup 3 weeks ago but
>did not get an answer. If I cannot solve this this week-end, I will have no
>more internet access.
>
>Thanks a lot
>
>Daniel

Best regards,