Date:      Mon, 05 Jul 1999 22:12:49 +0000
From:      Jorge Biquez <jbiquez@icsmx.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   trying to learn more need advice...

Hello all.

I'm sorry if this sounds too stupid. :)

I'm newbie to FreeBSD and have been learning from all your comments and
also on the manual and the website. As ISP my only machine running Freebsd
is the fast (even when they do not accept it) even compared with soem
double processor ones runnit NT and the "Powerful" Macs...anyway, new to
Unix and Freebsd I have solved the hard way my problems.
I Just was wondering if you know a books that explains the philosophy of
FreeBsd. I mean, how it works, the process of booting, what files check
first, how to handle the paths, how handles security, files, configuration
files, priority on runnning task,etc.
Maybe for all of you could sound very stupid but for people like me that
are new to this and want to learn even the basic task became a pain (Today
I learn how to delete a subdirectory with all the files). I was thinking if
there is a book or resource on the web (beside the Freebsd site) that
explains the basic, very basic, things about this great OS, something that
show you the basic commands to survive.

Thanks a lot for all your comments.