Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 1999 07:14:36 -0700
From:      Joey Garcia <gummibear@mediaone.net>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   32BitsOnline - More than one way to compute?

Hey all!

Okay, this kinda has been ticking me off for awhile now.  This is about one
of those average geek sites that you'll find on the internet. Supposedly,
it's for everybody, but....as you'll see it's not.

If you go to www.32bitsonline.com you'll notice their little slogan
"Because There's More Than One Way to Compute". You'll also notice that
it's basically 99% Linux oriented. There's also tons of links to other
Linux sites and maybe a couple of sites that are non Linux oriented.  Even
the polls are Linux oriented.

Anyways, here's my gripe. Okay, if they are claiming that there is more
than one way to compute, then why is this site so Linux focused? Why not
have more articles or links to other articles (ala Slashdot) to topics
other than Linux.  Maybe topics based on *BSD, Mac OS X, Solaris, AIX, or
whatever?

Sure they might complain about not receiving any submissions covering those
operating systems, but what excuse do they have for the rest of the site
being so Linux focused?

I don't know about you, but I think that their little slogan is a bunch of
bullshit, because they obviously don't support "more than one way to compute".

Joey

Joey "bsd_usr" Garcia
BSD Users of Los Angeles, Founder
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/bsdusersoflosangeles