Date:      Fri, 18 May 2007 06:07:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nick Jagger <nckjagger@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, mdodd@freebsd.org
Cc:        tonix@interazioni.it
Subject:   Re: camcontrol and IDAD0

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:

> Finally, these controllers seems to be unusable in a production

> environment with FreeBSD.

I don't think anyone has really tested rebuilding a volume while the

system is running.

I'd be interested in the results of changing the definition of IDA_QCB_MAX

from 256 to 128.

See sys/dev/ida/idavar.h:

     #define    IDA_QCB_MAX    256

--

10 40 80 C0 00 FF FF FF FF C0 00 00 00 00 10 AA AA 03 00 00 00 08 00

Hi Matthew,

One of my DL360's with smart array controller is hanging (and resetting) about once a month with a similar error as reported by Tonix. Do you recommend changing IDA_QCB_MAX to 128?

Apparently the OP had good results with this change. Why is the value still 256 in the current version of sys/dev/ida/idavar.h?

What is the status of the ida patches (found in your ftp site)?

Nick

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.