Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 06:23:25 -0400
From:      Charles Richmond <cmr@sitaranetworks.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Hardware/Software Multia/UDB questions

The internal drives generate a lot of heat for what is very little
drive space (in today's world). Taking out the drive will do enough
for the cooling.  Mind you, I could be convinced otherwise if I new
of a source for cheap 2.5" SCSI drives of reasonable size. I loaded
up all 3 flavours of BSD on various alphas and the Multia is currently
running OpenBSD 2.6. I could probably switch that around if there was
an over-riding reason.

Charlie