Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 1996 08:44:25 -0500
From:      Ron Steele <ron@infi.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Erols anyone

There is a move afoot where I work to find a cheaper ISP. We
have tried Erols.  We encountered a strange problem.  After connecting
and acting "normal" for about five minutes, ppp just disconnects
and drops the phone line.  Has anyone gotten 2.1 with user mode
ppp to work with Erols?  We also tested this service with NT and
Windows 3.1 with Trumpet Winsock and had no problems with either.
Any Ideas or work arounds?  This is in the Washington DC area.

Sorry for geographically narrow interest of this post.

Ron Steele