Date:      Sun, 04 Aug 1996 16:43:57 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
To:        Frank Seltzer <frankd@yoda.fdt.net>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>, FreeBSD Ports <FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mail

Frank Seltzer wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Aug 1996, Chuck Robey wrote:
>
> > I need to do something about getting my mail via pop, and I noticed that
> > there's two pop ports in ports/mail, popclient and popper.  Could I get a
> > recommendation on this, I don't want to have to become a mail expert to
> > get my mail from the university to my home machine.
> >

> I use popclient here with no problems. The command line looks something
> like this:
>
>         popclient <your.mail.server>
>
> It will prompt you for your password, query the mail server and drop all
> your mail in your system mail folder. You can also run it from cron but
> you must use -p <password> which will show up in a ps listing. You might
> not want to do this for security reasons. I do it on my home machine so I
> don't have to worry about someone seeing my password. Hope this helps.

How does outgoing mail get addressed, I tried this (not very hard)
and my outgoing mail gave my address from my internal net, I need
it to match my account with my ISP, As if I had sent it from my ISP.

-Enjoy
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848