Date:      Sun, 17 Nov 1996 11:06:37 -0800
From:      "Pedro Giffuni S." <m230761@ingenieria.ingsala.unal.edu.co>
To:        "S(pork)" <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org, release@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New sendmail bug...

S(pork) wrote:

> It's nasty and easy...  If you're on Bugtraq, you saw it.  If anyone with
> more knowledge on this issue can check it out, please post to the list so
> everyone can free themselves of this vulnerability.  Root in under 15
> seconds with an account on the machine.  If you need the 'sploit, please
> mail me here and I'll send it to you.  I verified it on FBSD, NetBSD,
> Linux so far...
>
> TIA
>
> Charles
After reading the latest CERT (which is rather old!), I installed smrsh
on all my boxes and changed the uid to an anonymous mail user with no
shell, as suggested. Does this cover it? Do the new releases install
smrsh by default?
My mail under 8.8.0 is being read and manipulated by someone outside,
but this probably doesn´t have a solution does it?

Pedro.