Date:      Wed, 01 Jan 1997 22:31:31 -0600
From:      Mike Urban <murban@webzone.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux vs. FreeBSD for Web server?

I'm very new to FreeBSD (I got it because I am setting up a web server),
but I have some experience with Linux. I have heard that FreeBSD is a
better platform for running a web server then Linux. This is why I got
it. Honestly, is this true? I am more familliar with Linux so I would
set the web server up under it. I know Linux would have no problem
handling it at first, but I want to allow for future growth without
having to change OS's later.

I have nothing against FreeBSD. I am just familliar with Linux and not
FreeBSD. Do you think there would be a real benifit in learning FreeBSD?
Or should I just go with what I know? Is it true that FreeBSD will be a
lot better for running the web server?

Thanks,

Mike.