Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 1997 16:59:56 -0600
From:      Hal Snyder <hal@vailsys.com>
To:        amanda-users@cs.umd.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   amanda+FreeBSD+DLT, anyone?

Our Wangtek DAT drive finally quit, needs replacement.

Is anyone using amanda with FreeBSD to run a DLT drive?  If so, is it
working well?

I chatted with vendors at Usenix.  It looks as if entry level prices are
comparable for DLT and 8mm tape.  If I am correct, DLT should be more
reliable as the tape is not in contact with R/W heads as it is with
helical scan such as 8mm.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong!

Thanks.