Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 1997 18:48:09 -0800
From:      Ronald Wright <rjwright@everett.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Modems

'This the first time trying out Freebsd'
Hello I am Having difficulties installing freebsd. It says it finds
my modem I thnk. I am not sure. It should be sio1, right? Any way
it is not set at the factory defaults of com2 2F8, it is set at com4
2E8.  I have made the proper changes in the configuration and set it
to 2E8 and it reports info on sio1 so I assume that everything is o.k.
Yet later in the installation I try to use it to log on to my ISP for
an FTP install and it doesn't appear to pick up the phone to dial.
What is giong on?
INFO ON MODEM:
Cirrus logic 14.4 Data/FAX modem, Chipset CL-MD2614-20QC-C,
AND CL-MDXXXX. Thats all I know about the modem I don't know how to
reset the jumpers on it to com2.

Any help would be appreciated, as of now I am copying the
pub/2.1.6-release/bin directory onto my hard drive keeping the
dirrectory structure suggested for the floppies c:/bin/bin.aa
for file bin.aa ect. I hope the bootmanager refered to in the install
pgm is in there.  If not where would I obtain it.  I would hate to use
dos's fdisk to set the active partition depending on wich OS I wanted to
use.
anyway thanks,
	Ron Wright
"knowledge is free its the education that we have to pay for."