Date:      Sun, 26 Jan 1997 13:01:41 -0800
From:      RHS Linux User <dicen@hooked.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   What is the default for async in /etc/fstab?

I am having trouble determining the disk IO performace of FreeBSD vs.
Linux. I recently ran a test on FreeBSD and the write performance wasn't
so great. However, I didn't think to see if async was set in the
/etc/fstab file. I installed from a 2.1 CDROM initially and then cvsuped
different versions. So what is the default for async in the 2.1
/etc/fstab?

Have other people tested ufs vs. ext2? The only docs I could find where
for ext2. A comparison with FreeBSD 2.0 I think, although it could have
been older. This was for some old Linux 1.xx.

Hardware. Adapt. 2940UW, and Quantum 4.3gig Atlas, 7200rpm. 8.5ms.

Thanks.