Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:36:55 -0400
From:      "Jeffrey Wheat" <jeff@cetlink.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Latest "stable" fixes are unstable

After applying the last set of patches via a cvs
run of RELENG_4, I have servers crashing and rebooting
that had run for months on end prior to the "fixes".

This is happening on 4.8-STABLE (now called 4.9-RC)
and on 5.0-STABLE servers. I am really concerned about
about this as are my higher ups. I have been running
FreeBSD on my servers for the past 8 years and I am
very familiar with how to build kernels, update source
trees, etc. Reverting back to the sources prior to
the recent kernel changes, makes things stable again.

Can anyone shed light on this or speak up if you are
having the same problems?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

---