Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 13:29:20 -0800
From:      Juan Emilio Llor <root@nexus.es>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   routing table

Hello.

When I execute:

route add xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy

the route table appears ok,

destination: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
gateway:     yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy

but if the destination (in this case xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
does not exists (is not a machine) , and
I try to ping it, then the route table changes
automatically, and appears the same destination
and gateway:

destination: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
gateway:     xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

automatically!!. I need the gateway don't change !

I need permanently

destination: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
gateway:     yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy

But I can't do it.

I'd yet tryed:

route -lock
route -static
route -nostatic

but the result is the same. What can I do?

Thank-you very much!

 Juan Emilio Llor               Tel. 93 - 423 08 18
 mailto:llor@nexus.es           Fax. 93 - 325 48 72
 http://www.nexus.es

 Nexus Comunicaciones, S.A.
 Gran Via de Les Corts Catalanes, 322
 08004 Barcelona  (SPAIN)                  _/_/_/_/_/