Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 1997 18:55:24 -0500
From:      "Jesse D. Troy" <jtroy@vt.edu>
To:        Soren Dossing <sauber@netcom.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: netscape

Soren Dossing wrote:

> Install from the ports collection (don't download from netscape), and
> follow the instructions about the mkfontdir etc.
>
> Soren

	The netscape port in the 2.1.6R ports collection is old.  The version
of netscape it looks for (3.05b) doesn't appear to be on Netscape's ftp
sites anymore.  I did notice however, that the ports collection for
FreeBSD current has an updated Netscape port (3.01).  I don't know if
this port will work for 2.1.6R though....

-Jesse