Date:      Tue, 04 Mar 1997 03:37:39 -0800
From:      Richard Johnson <raj@cisco.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD on an NEC Versa 6030X?

I'm thinking about purchasing a NEC Versa 6030X notebook PC and running
FreeBSD with X Windows on it.  This system has a 1024x768 (XGA) TFT
screen, a Pentium 133 processor, 1.44Gb disk, 16Mb memory (I would
probably upgrade that to at least 32Mb).  Are there any known problems
with this type of setup?

I figured I'd get the latest FreeBSD CDROM and boot/install directly
from the internal CD drive onto disk.  The system can handle two LiIon
batteries at once so that should help a lot with power consumption, and
I can always exchange the CDROM for another disk drive if I need more
space for compiling programs for installation.

Opinions?  Things to look out for?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

(I'm not on this mailing list so please reply directly to me.  Thanks.)

/raj