Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 1997 20:17:12 +0100
From:      xxx <galin@free.polbox.pl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to create my own CD-ROM instalation version.

Hi!
  I have downloaded the newest release of FreeBSD (2.2) to my hard disk
and now I'd like to create my CD install disk from it (something like
distribution of Walnut Creek), coz I wish to have the instalation
version on some safe media. Are there some troubles with making CD from
this distribution? I saw there are some longname files, and I know that
the distribution need to be written on CD in ISO9660 format.
- How to cut these names?
Some distribution files have right short names (i.e. bin.af).
- Are the files with long names realy required?
In PACKAGES directory all files have long complicated names (i.e.
pine-3.95q.tgz)
- How to solve this problem on CD-ROM?
On my some previous CD (but not created by myself) with FreeBSD names
are short (8+3) and there is also (in each directory) file 00table.*
(or 00index.tbl or something like this) where all files has listed the
short name on CD and the equal correct long name.
-  How do these files work?
-  If I create this file in my directory, do it be working?

Please send me informations how to create these CDs (the directory
stucture and some index sample files would be welcome)on one of my
email addresses:
		galin@free.polbox.pl
		galin@gnomme.pjwstk.waw.pl
		s0063@goblin.pjwstk.waw.pl
(if it isn't a problem, the best will be to send the copy to every
address)
   Thanks a lot and I'm waiting for your reply as fast as is possible.

	Martin Galinski,
		enthusiastic but begining user of FreeBSD :)