Date:      Wed, 14 May 1997 10:11:39 -0700
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is Thot (WYSIWIG editor) for you?

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > What I am pitching is for is that if Thot is good we can start advertising it
> > and hopefully standardize our internal documentation based on its format.
> > Internal documentation meaning things like : reports, articles, etc...
>
> But we already have such a standard and it's called SGML....

SGML is a format, Thot is a toolset and an editor. Correct me if I'm
wrong, but I haven't seen a good SGML tool in our ports tree.
 Thot produces Latex and HTML. AFAIK HTML is a subset of SGML, so I
guess Thot fits into the "standard".
Anyway I think Amancio is right; we first have to determine if Thot is
the right editor for our internal documentation. The searching process
will be very fruitful if, like I hope, it translates into ports !

	Pedro.