Date:      Thu, 05 Jun 1997 11:55:52 -0400
From:      "Mark J. Taylor" <mtaylor@cybernet.com>
To:        Tom Torrance at home <tom@tomqnx.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CD-R & SCSI Problems

My HP-6020i works great in 2.2.1-RELEASE.

Only problem is I can't write audio disks.  :(
cd-write an audio disk causes my system to reboot, and I can't figure
out what output blocksize to use using 'dd'.

Tom Torrance at home wrote:

> 1) The RELNOTES.TXT files for 2.2.x-RELEASE all specify that this release
> has full CD-R support for the HP6020i.  It seems to me that this release
> has NO (zero) support for the HP6020.  Did I just miss it, or did
> someone forget to commit the necessary changes to the RELENG_2_2 tree?
>
> 2) SCSI changes submitted during the past couple of weeks seem to have
> broken the support for my HP T4000 tape drive. For every open/close
> access, I now get
>
> /kernel: st0(ahc0:6:0): ILLEGAL REQUEST asc:20,0 Invalid command operation code
>
> Hope this info helps!
>
> Tom

Mark J. Taylor                                  Network R&D Manager
Cybernet Systems                                mtaylor@cybernet.com
727 Airport Blvd.                               PHONE (313) 668-2567
Ann Arbor, MI  48108                            FAX   (313) 668-8780