Date:      Thu, 03 Jul 1997 10:43:21 -0400
From:      Mark Segal <webmaster@club-web.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HELP ON: Cisco's, Ascend, Routing, and User Management.

Phew,
	Ok here's some background.  We are upgrading our current system, by
purchasing a new router.  And i have a few questions for those of you
that might have already completed the task.  The routers we are looking
at are, a:
	Cisco Ascess Server 5248 (AS5248)
	Ascend MAX-4048
-they are the bundled ones, modems. PRI support.. :)..

	1) Both are relativly the same price, but how which one should i pick,
ie Cisco or Ascend.
	2) Has anyione actually got either Ascend's or Ciscos software for the
user manager working with FreeBSD?
	3) And can anyone recomend a book that would give me a good
understanding of TCP/IP & Routing?

Thanxs,
Mark

--