Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 2015 13:43:50 +0200
From:      Jakub Kruszona-Zawadzki <jakub.kruszona@gemius.com>
To:        Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
Cc:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fernando_Apestegu=EDa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>, FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>, freebsd@moosefs.com
Subject:   Re: MooseFS Ports for versions 2.0 and 3.0

(...)

> 3. It's nice for ports for share parts of their configuration, but I =
don't think it should be called "bsd.port.moosefs.mk" (this implies it =
is part of the port build scripts). A good example of what you could do =
is devel/libtool. It has a Makefile which includes Makefile.common. The =
devel/libltdl port also includes =
"${.CURDIR}/../libtool/Makefile.common".

The name was used by original port creator. I've change it to =
Makefile.common.=20

>=20
> 4. @dirrm is now deprecated in pkg-plist. Suggest it is probably =
easier to build this with "make install && make makeplist > pkg-plist". =
Note that you should check the plist looks correct, and also delete the =
top warning line from the generated file.

Yes. I've changed @dirrm[try] to @dir or removed them. I've also added =
'@owner mfs' and '@group mfs' and compared each list with the result of =
"make makeplist".

>=20
> 5. The pkg-descr file should be updated to include a better =
description of the package, and link to the website.

Yes. I've made much better descriptions.

>=20
> 6. Before submitting a port, check that it passes the normal checks by =
installing the ports-mgmt/portlint program, and running "portlint -AC" =
in the port directory.

portlint -AC gives something like this:

[root@fbsdmule /usr/ports/sysutils/moosefs-master]# portlint -AC
WARN: Makefile: PORTVERSION/DISTVERSION is set externally to this port's =
Makefile, but this port is not configured as a slave port.
WARN: Makefile: MAINTAINER is set externally to this port's Makefile, =
but this port is not configured as a slave port.
0 fatal errors and 2 warnings found.

I hope that I can leave it - I've checked other random ports and such =
warning are very usual.

>=20
> 7. If you have access to a poudriere installation, you should submit =
the "poudriere testport" logs showing that this port will build =
successfully.

Yes we have. We use poudriere to make packages, so all our ports are =
always checked by poudriere.

> Myself or other ports contributors/committers can help with this if =
you do not have access to a poudriere installation, but please make sure =
you have at least tested the build on FreeBSD with a "make install".
>=20
> Much of this is covered in the porter's handbook. It's a good read if =
you haven't already seen it. You can find it here:
> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/book.html
>=20
> Note that if you re-submit patches to each bug report, be sure to tick =
the option that it obsolete's the previous patch.

Ok. We'll send those ports again.

>=20
> Good luck! :)

Thanks again for your comments. It was very helpful.

--=20
Regards,
Jakub Kruszona-Zawadzki
Segmentation fault (core dumped)