Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 22:23:35 -0500
From:      Jay Erickson <Jay.Erickson@ibm.net>
To:        Mark Dawson <md@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
Cc:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Compaq's Built in SCSI

O.K. Mark's Floppy image got be part way.  It DID see the SMART array
controller, but it didn't find the embedded SCSI controller.

Here's more info on my setup. EISA slots 1,3,4,7 are empty
slot 2 3Com 3C579 EISA Network Adapter
slot 5 Compaq NetFlex-2 ENET-TR
slot 6 SMART array controller
embedded Compaq integrated 32-bit Fast-SCSI-2 Controller (IRQ 15)
embedded Compaq Automatic Server Recovery (ASR)

Here is a snipit from the console

eisa0:2 <3COM 3C579-BNC EISA Network Adapter>
eisa0:5 <CPQ6101=0xe116101> unknown device
eisa0:6 <CPQ4070=0xe114070> unknown device
eisa0:8 <CPQ4410=0xe114410> unknown device
.
.
.
What else shoult I be looking for during the boot?
Should I try it WithOut the SMART array controller??

Thanks for the help so far..
Jay