Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 1997 09:43:32 -0700
From:      "Pedro Giffuni S," <giffunip@asme.org>
To:        Paul Griffith <paulg@interlog.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux faster thasn FreeBSD

You are right...
1) FreeBSD 2.1.6 is very old and has poor performance when compared to
2.2.x.
2) Linux usually FEELS faster in a single user environment, but it is no
match to a recent version of FreeBSD with many users and/or intensive
tasks.

Additionally, it seems like you chose the slowest disk for a swap
partition and you probably didn't fine tune the kernel ;-).

	Pedro.