Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 11:26:02 -0800
From:      Russ Button <button@captech.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   setting a serial port as system console

I'm considering using a PC with FreeBSD as a web server.
I'm going to be co-locating it at my company, so it is
essential that I minimize the "footprint" it takes up.
I want to configure it so that a serial port, COM1 or
COM2 I suppose, will be the system console.  I anticipate
NOT having a video board in the machine, but to run it
headless without a monitor or keyboard.

Is this doable?  It is something I can readily do on a
Sun machine.

Russ Button