Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 1997 16:09:09 -0800
From:      Ivan Passos <ivan@cyclades.com>
To:        support@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.5

Hi,

I have installed FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE in my HD and I found its
installation utility quite confusing. I installed other FreeBSD
distributions in the past (2.1.6, 2.2.0 and 2.2.2) with no problems,
and the 2.2.5 is running, but I'm having to configure some things
by hand that were pre-configured during installation in the previous
releases. Well, maybe I was too dumb to find these steps during
installation, but in the previous ones I didn't have to look for
them ...

Anyway, my question is: is there a utility to configure the network
settings (such as a netconfig or netcfg - I've already tried these
ones with no luck ...) or I have to configure it by hand, editting
the files???

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Cyclades Corporation                   Tel.: (510)770-9727 ext. 202
Ivan Passos                       E-mail : mailto:ivan@cyclades.com
Software Engineer                     WWW : http://www.cyclades.com